Nasum Ahmed, born on December 5, 1994, in Jalalabad, Sylhet, is a promising Bangladeshi cricketer. Nasum Ahmed is a left-arm spin bowler.
Bowling Career of Nasum Ahmed
Early Life and Family
Nasum Ahmed was born to Bengali Muslim parents in the picturesque city of Jalalabad, Sylhet. His family has a rich history, with his grandfather having migrated to Sylhet in 1958 from their ancestral village of Mardapur in Derai, Sunamganj District. This deep-rooted connection to the region has undoubtedly played a role in Nasum’s cricketing journey.
Nasum Ahmed’s cricketing journey has been filled with remarkable achievements:
- 2019–20 Bangladesh Premier League: In November 2019, Nasum was selected to play for the Chattogram Challengers in the Bangladesh Premier League, a platform where many young talents showcase their skills.
- International Debut: Nasum Ahmed made his international debut for the Bangladesh cricket team in March 2021.
- T20I Debut: He made his T20I debut for Bangladesh on March 28, 2021, in a match against New Zealand, where he displayed his talent as a spin bowler.
- Historic T20 Win: On August 3, 2021, Nasum made headlines by taking four wickets for just 19 runs in a T20 match against Australia. His contribution made it possible to win against Australia.
- Series Victory: Nasum Ahmed’s excellence continued when he helped Bangladesh secure a T20 series win against New Zealand in September 2021. His remarkable figures of four wickets for 10 runs earned him the “Man of the Match” award.
- ICC T20 World Cup: Nasum was named in Bangladesh’s squad for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, a testament to his growing reputation as a dependable spinner.
- ODI Debut: Nasum Ahmed made his One Day International (ODI) debut on July 10, 2022, against the West Indies.
Nasum Ahmed’s journey from the cricketing fields of Sylhet to representing Bangladesh on the international stage is nothing short of inspirational.